An Insurance Roundup for 2012 from Qdos

As the New Year approaches, we think that it is fitting to refresh everyone’s memory as to what essential insurance products we at Qdos offer.

Contractor Insurance

Contractor insurance is vital to all those in the contracting profession, as being limited company owners and shareholders, contractors are vulnerable to potential claims being made against them. These claims could stem from cases of negligence, accident or error, and in all cases need sufficient insurance to prevent a contractor incurring devastating financial losses. Insurance for contractors ranges from PI Insurance to travel cover, and all positively affect a limited company professional’s success.

Professional Indemnity Insurance (PI)

What is it?

Professional Indemnity Insurance is a common and popular insurance policy which covers the cost of defending claims where it is alleged that your error/omission/negligence has caused a client a financial loss.

Tax Liability Cover (TLC35)

 What is it?

 TLC35 covers not only representation costs, but also additional tax, NIC, interest and penalties arising from a HM Revenue & Customs enquiry. So, if you are subject to an IR35 enquiry and are subsequently found to be 'caught' by the legislation, the policy will cover all resultant fees.

Public Liability Insurance (PL)

What is it?

Public Liability Insurance (PL) is an insurance policy which covers you for your legal liability and costs of accidental death or injury to third party person and/or third partyproperty damage by you or your employees.

Employers Liability Insurance (EL)

What is it?

Employers Liability Insurance (EL) is similar to Public Liability insurance, where PL covers claims made my members of the public, Employers Liability covers claims made against you by your employees as a result of injury or death of Employees.

Contractor Sickness Cover (CSC)

What is it?

Contractor Sickness Cover provides a lump sum pay-out in the event that an insured person suffers accidental death, it also provides a monthly payment should an insured person be unable to work through accident or injury. The cover comes into effect 30 days after being declared unfit to work and pays out for every additional 30 day period, with a maximum benefit period of twelve months.

Travel Insurance

What is it?

Travel Insurance is an annual travel policy that can provides cover for not only your holidaying but any travel in connection with your business, it can be tailored to cover a range of activities including skiing and extreme sports and have family members incorporated into the cover.

Office Protect Insurance

What is it?

Office Protect Insurance is a package of insurance products covering a variety of different risk such as office contents, computer cover, business interruption cover and legal expenses insurance. For full details please refer to the policy wording. It also offers both Employers Liability and Public Liability.

Jury Service and Legal Protection (JSLP)

What is it?

Jury Service & Legal Protection provides a daily pay out in the event you are called up for jury service, as well as cover for legal expenses arising from a range of legal-related risks. These range from contractual disputes, debt recovery to property disputes and personal injury. For full details please refer to the policy wording.
By:Steven Bailey

Need Help?


Call our team on 0116 269 0999
Or arrange a call back

Call back
Chat with us