COVER FOR CORONAVIRUS IS NOW AVAILABLE WITH QDOS BUSINESS TRAVEL INSURANCE
The past 18 months have changed the risks associated with travelling both at home and abroad, with government-imposed quarantines and PCR tests the new normal for going on holiday or travelling for business.
That’s why we have worked with our travel insurer, Millstream, over the past year to ensure that our Business Travel Insurance continues to provide you with the most appropriate cover for the post-COVID world.
Qdos Travel Insurance policies issued on or after 1st September 2021, whether new or renewing, will now include cover for Coronavirus as standard. If you are an existing policyholder, please get in touch with your Account Manager who can add this extension to your existing policy free of charge.
- Cover for lost travel and accommodation expenses should you need to cancel a trip due to you, someone you are travelling with, or an immediate relative testing positive within 14 days of the departure date.
- Cover for lost travel and accommodation expenses should you need to quarantine by order of a government/public authority in the event you or someone you are travelling with test positive for COVID-19
- Cost for the remainder of your travel and accommodation expenses (provided they were paid before you left home) should you need to return home early or be admitted to hospital as an inpatient, and the cost for travel expenses incurred in returning home earlier than planned (economy class) should you, someone you are travelling with, or an immediate relative test positive for COVID-19.
- Emergency Medical Expenses (outside of the UK)
- Emergency medical/surgical treatment and hospital charges if you contract COVID-19 whilst abroad
- Reasonable accommodation expenses of £150 per night for 21 nights following a compulsory quarantine as recommended by a medical practitioner should you be diagnosed with COVID-19, or said medical practitioner suspects you of having COVID-19.
- Winter Sports (if relevant premium paid)
- £300 (£150 p/week) for the unused portion of your ski school, resort pass, or winter sports equipment hire if you test positive for COVID-19, or you are diagnosed by a medical practitioner as having COVID-19.
What isn’t covered?
- If you need to cancel your trip because the FCDO advises against travel to your holiday destination due to COVID-19 (or any pandemic/epidemic)
- If you need to quarantine because of a nationwide/local area order (applying to where you are travelling to, from, or through)
- If you need to return home early due to the FCDO recommending evacuation from the country you are travelling to due to COVID-19 (or any pandemic/epidemic)
- Claims should you fail to obtain a vaccine certificate/medical tests or documentation
- Claims where the government or local authority imposes restrictions on you travelling to/from your destination or country of residence.
Qdos Travel Insurance provides cover whether you are travelling for business, leisure, or holidaying with the family, with optional extensions for winter sports and higher risk sports. Designed specifically with self-employed contractors and freelancers in mind, this flexibility in cover enables you to hold one single policy for all your travel needs.
For more information on Qdos Travel Insurance, please get in touch with your Account Manager at Qdos on 0116 2690999 or [email protected]